Thursday, November 19, 2009

When I'm with you, I have fun

I was just raving about Summer coming and how excited I am at the idea of going to the beach this weekend when my friend told me it is going to be super hot but raining all day Saturday and Sunday. Bummer.

Don't get wet, do this stuff instead.

When you wake up, listen to When I'm With You by Best Coast over and over and over.

During the day, the Art Gallery of NSW is currently showing a wonderfully in depth and engaging retrospective of John Kaldor's public projects, covering everything from Christo's wrapping of Little Bay, to Gilbert and George's 'singing sculpture' in the gallery foyer in 1973, to Tatzu Nishi's current sculptures engulfing the gallery's outer walls.

In the evening, go see Beautiful Losers. After all my whining Aaron Rose's doco finally makes it's Sydney premier at Paddington Town Hall for the Anode festival launch. Tickets are still available but probably not for much longer.

Later that night, Vampire Weekend play at Oxford Art Factory. I met with Rostam and Chris B today to talk about their new album. Super nice dudes.

The video for Cousins was just released a few hours ago and it displays the VW aesthetic perfectly - simple in idea but elaborate in execution.

No comments: