Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apply

I got an email from Dean from True Panther yesterday with a link to the new video for Apply by Glasser.

The swirls and hazy silhouettes coupled with her gorgeous haunting vocals sent me straight into the deepest trance and my eyes couldn't focus on my computer screen. Drifting in and out of the pictures swirling like coloured oils in water on glass, I had to watch the video a few times to take it all in. See stills/inspiration at her blog, and watch the video on Pitchfork.

It reminded me of the video for Luke Temple's Tunnelvision. Even though his is shot on Super 8 and totally different visually, it has the same feel.



You can still pre-order Glasser's Apply 12" (with the remixes and artwork I talked about a few weeks back) from the True Panther store. Hurry though, after a Pitchfork premiere I imagine copies will sell out very quickly.




No comments: