Monday, October 13, 2008

Friend


When not working as a graphics and website designer for Hi-Res!, Londoner Jesse Kanda produces music as Friend.

I've been enjoying his Air France reworking Secret for a while, but this morning (while searching through my library for music to accompany a German TV Ad for sleeping tablets) remembered his version of probably my favourite Chic track of all time

My Forbidden Lover (Friend remix) mp3 [z share]

He's also more recently remixed 18 year old supastarrrr Rye Rye, who's scheduled to perform at the Oxford Art Factory in three weeks Saturday October 25. Tickets are $22+bf and still available here. Tim Sweeny is playing that same night at a warehouse party in the city which I can't miss, but I would love to see what she does live so hopefully she starts early!

Stomp it to the Ground mp3 [z share]

UPDATE:

Aint no way I can miss the show after watching this video.

UH-mayzing!



(NB video features the late K-Swift behind the decks. She ruled, basically.)

No comments: