Friday, February 20, 2009

Day N Night

This week: I've been listening to Circle Square, new stuff from The Emergency (it is really amazing!), and The Golden Filter non stop. I've also been enjoying Hamilton's latest mixtape and the new albums by Here We Go Magic, Bat For Lashes, and Jenny Wilson (which surprised me - I didn't dislike her debut, but I like this so much better!).

Today: I've been watching this on repeat.



I've never been to L.A. but if it's really as weird as this So Me clip makes it out to be, I think I'll be flying to NYC via San Fransisco in October!

So Me seems set to take over the world. he's been a huge presence in the art/graff community for a while (particularly influential considering his association with Ed Banger) and after releasing a dance track through Ed Banger late last year he seems poised on the edge of great successes! My friend Matt took me to a show of his in Paris in January and we were shocked how expensive the prints were!

OK bye! Have a great weekend! If you're looking for something to do on Saturday night:


I know right... Tank?! But still, a great line up excuses a terrible venue!

Amendment: Anonymous commentator alerted me to the fact that it was a Parra show we visited, not So Me. I keep doing that - mental-blanks-while-blogging. Oh well. So Me's prints are super dooper pricey too, and Parra and he are the same communtiy so to speak. Appologies for my mixup and thanks for the heads up anonymous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those works in the photo are by parra